D Series 120:4L
D 120:4L combines 12000 W of flexible power with latest Lake DSP, Dante digital audio networking and advanced system integrity monitoring.
The D 120:4L is based on the same foundation of robust, high-power amplifier technologies as our renowned PLM Series – an amplifier platform with a proven record of reliability and sonic performance on the world’s most grueling concert tours and in high-profile, large-scale installations.
With the D 120:4L, those same core technologies have been updated and refocused to provide the ultimate solution for the most demanding digitally networked installed sound applications – in stadia, arenas, theme parks, performing arts centers, racecourses and other large commercial sound installations.
In addition to legendary Lab.gruppen reliability and sonic excellence, the D Series incorporates newly refined outputs stage technologies along with installation-targeted hardware and software features that optimize amplifier system design and configuration. Together, these new technologies allow systems integrators to minimize both initial equipment costs and end users’ long-term energy consumption.
Rational Power Management (RPM)
At the core of the D Series platform is Rational Power Management (RPM), a proprietary Lab.gruppen technology that allows system designers and integrators unprecedented freedom to allocate the output power available on each channel for optimum performance with specific load conditions. RPM technology also enables the integrator to minimize initial equipment costs and reduce rack space requirement since with conventional installation amplifiers, it is often necessary to “over-specify” amplifiers to meet the maximum power demand on one channel, leaving excess power capacity wasted on the remaining channels. RPM reduces costly excess capacity by allowing re-allocation of output power capacity among the four channels - with up to two channels on the D 120:4L capable of delivering up to 5,000 W power output, leaving any remaining available power to be allocated to the other channels for less demanding loads.
CAFE for Green Credentials
The D 120:4T can be configured and monitored using the new CAFE (Configuring Amplifiers For the Environment) software suite. In addition to providing comprehensive system surveillance and configuration of RPM features, CAFE includes an innovative design aid – the Equipment Specification Predictor (ESP) – that provides tools for optimum specification of D Series units. ESP examines the system and load requirements and then supplies recommendations for the installation that include model and quantity of D Series units, heat generated, channel distribution, and current draw. The end result is accurate mains management and precise specification of cooling systems and UPS, when required.
The Power of Lake Processing
All D Series Lake versions provide extraordinary input flexibility, the legendary power of exclusive Lake processing algorithms, comprehensive control and load monitoring via Lake Controller, and seamless integration into Dante digital audio networks. In addition, by employing third-party middleware, D Series Lake versions can be integrated into on other widely used networked digital matrix systems. All three D Series Lake models incorporate four full-featured Lake Processing modules, with four discrete channels of audio throughput input to output. Audio signals are selectable from four channels of analog (each with exclusive Iso-float ground isolation), four channels of AES3 digital, and eight dual redundant Dante networked digital inputs. Input signals are individually selectable for each channel, with programmable failover to analog. The full-featured, on-board Lake processor includes group control with Raised Cosine™ MESA EQ™ asymmetric filters to match the responses of many loudspeaker systems. LimiterMax™ peak and RMS limiters set the industry standard for loudspeaker protection and sonic transparency.
RPM allows truly flexible allocation of the 12000 W of available power across all 4 channels of the D 120:4 to ensure the most efficient and rational use of amplifier inventory. With up to 2 channels capable of up to 5000 W without bridging (losing channel count), leaving remaining power to be allocated across other channels as required, D 120:4 is capable of meeting the demands of even power-hungry performance install applications
The robust power platform of D Series works hand-in-glove with dual integrated Lake Processing modules. Lake features such as Raised Cosine Equalization™, Limiter Max™ peak and RMS limiters, and Iso-Float™ ground isolation. AES3 digital and dual-redundant Dante networked inputs are standard for compliance in mission-critical PA/VA applications.
The combination of unique power supply technologies providing class-leading and predictable low current draw to power output, and innovative CAFE software enable better mains management and allow substantial savings to be made on critical infrastructure such as cooling and UPS systems, lowering the overall installation and running costs of a venue audio system.
Tech Spec Overview
- Rational Power Management™ (RPM) – True flexibility in allocating total available power output across channel count for most efficient use of system inventory
- Up to 5000 W per channel for driving high power elements (e.g. subwoofers) on all models - up to 2 channels on D 120:4L
- Lake processing Classic/linear-phase/FIR speaker processing platform with 4 throughputs
- Input with multitude of automatic redundancy
- 4 “Lake class” analog inputs with Iso-Float™ ground isolation
- 4 AES inputs
- 8 Dual Redundant Dante™ inputs
- Integration potential with 3rd party matrix systems including MediaMatrix and Q-Sys via purpose developed middleware
- CAFÉ (Configuring Amplifiers For the Environment) Software incorporating ESP (Equipment Specification Predictor) for design, system planning and equipment planning, installation and commissioning.
- Regulated Switch-Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™)
- Breaker Emulation Limiter (BEL™) to prevent power interruption
- Under-voltage Limiting (UVL™) for continued operation despite severe voltage drops
- Best-in-class Power Factor Correction (PFC) with Current Draw Modelling
- Proven and reliable Class TD® Output Stage with patented Intercooler® high-efficiency cooling system
- Dedicated on-board surveillance & load monitoring system
- Redundant audio inputs and onboard system surveillance for mission-critical Voice Alarm applications (PA/VA)
- Detachable Phoenix plug-in audio connectors for audio I/O