Small in size, huge in benefits
Building on Lab.gruppen’s touring reputation for sonic excellence and rock-solid durability, E Series brings a competitive edge to the installation market by adding ultra-compact size, high operating efficiency, output configuration flexibility, and an unprecedented cost-benefit ratio.
At the heart of E Series is Lab.gruppen’s IDEEA (IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier) technology. Based around a patented Class D variant output stage, IDEEA produces high power levels with very low distortion while drawing minimal mains current.
Lab.gruppen’s proprietary Rail Sensing Limiter (RSL™), also exclusive to E Series, greatly reduces signal clipping to ensure high quality audio output at all times. User configurable for Hi-Z (70 V) or Lo-Z, RSL senses rail voltages and optimizes each output for instantaneous load conditions. RSL settings also facilitate asymmetric loading of the channels to optimize performance and efficiency. Total available output power can be allocated among the channels as required by the application. This makes it possible, for example, to drive a small sub on one channel, a number of 70 V ceiling loudspeakers on the second channel, and a pair of full-range low impedance loudspeakers on the two remaining channels.
Lab.gruppen performance with Energy Star compliance
Lab.gruppen’s IDEEA architecture secures full Energy Star compliance by combining net operating efficiency of greater than 80% with an auto-power-down feature. After 20 minutes with no input signal, the amplifier automatically switches to standby mode – with consumption of less than 1 W – and switches back on when an input signal returns. GPIO facilities enable third-party systems to remotely control and monitor power state via contact closure.
smart green credentials with our IDEEA platform
The now proven IntelliDrive Energy Efficient Amplifier (IDEEA) platform represents the latest evolution of our amplifier design philosophies, drawing from technologies in our flagship PLM Series, to create ingenious contractor solutions with supreme green credentials.
By maintaining very low current draw during operating cycles even at high output levels, and reduced power consumption during non-operational cycles, our Energy Star qualified products harness impeccable Lab.gruppen sonic performance and robust power output while meeting the rigorous efficiency requirements of current Energy Star certification standards.
Flexible Asymmetric loading
Optimize performance and efficiency from each individual unit - allowing the total available output power to be utilized unequally between the channels, or for mono use with all power on a single channel. Enabling you to drive a small sub on one channel and a number of 70 V distributed ceiling loudspeakers on the other.
Tech Spec Overview
- High power density – 4 x 250 W in 1U
- Certified Energy Star compliant
- Flexible – IntelliDrive delivers similar power per channel at 70 V or Low-Z (4, 8 and 16 ohms)
- Asymmetric loading – Allows “mixing and matching” of loads with different impedances to maximize both overall system efficiency and inventory utilization
- IDEEA™ output stage based on patented Class D variant
- Exceptionally low lifetime operating costs
- High efficiency – Extremely low power consumption and heat output
- Auto-standby function – Power consumption < 1 W in standby mode
- RSL switch – Innovative circuit senses rail voltage and optimizes output for instantaneous load conditions
- Efficient cooling – Dual temperature-controlled fan
- Comprehensive circuit protection and fault indication