Over the past decade, the tight and transparent sound of Lab.gruppen touring amplifiers has earned the praise of renowned FOH engineers and leading sound rental companies worldwide. FP 14000, the new flagship model of the FP+ Series, advances this tradition by further augmenting effective power output to effortlessly handle extreme low-frequency loads.The Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) has been updated to provide more sustained high power during extended bursts of low frequency content, while at the same time ensuring stable rail voltages even with wide fluctuations of external mains voltage. The forceful, high-current (83 A peak) output stage relies on Lab.gruppen’s patented Class TD topology, a breakthrough in amplifier technology that approaches the efficiency of Class D while retaining the sonic purity of proven Class B designs. A highly refined and efficient circuit layout further optimizes the interaction of R.SMPS and Class TD to produce the unprecedented power density of the FP 14000.
To keep its cool under extreme demands, the FP 14000 relies on Lab.gruppen’s proprietary Intercooler. This innovation uses thousands of copper fins to multiply the exposed heatsink surface’s rapid heat dissipation. Also, all output devices are mounted transverse to the airflow for uniform cooling. As a result, the FP 14000 delivers Lab.gruppen’s’ trademark “all the power, all the time” with no degradation of sonic performance.
To maximize headroom in any application, the FP 14000 offers adjustable input gain along with Lab.gruppen’s exclusive Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL). Adjustable on a per-channel basis, VPL optimizes the output for any load, from a single massive subwoofer to a series of HF compression drivers.
The comprehensive warning and protection features on the FP 14000 safeguard output circuits and connected loads while also extending amplifier life and minimizing the chance of service interuptions Whether it’s a matter of faulty wiring, improper use, or extreme ambient temperatures, the FP 14000 gives clear indication of any problems. Automatic protection measures engage only at critical thresholds. Operating conditions are re-checked every six seconds and, if a fault is detected, normal operation is resumed when measurements return to nominal.
The FP 14000 is shipped with a NomadLink network interface as standard. In conjunction with DeviceControl software, NomadLink allows comprehensive monitoring of amplifier status (including fault or warning indications) and also enables remote control of power on/off, channel mute, and channel solo functions. NomadLink is compatible with popular third-party control platforms; a separate NLB 60E NomadLink Bridge & Network Controller is required.
Tech Spec Overview
- Unprecedented power density – The FP 14000 delivers a total of 14000 W (2 x 7000 W @ 2 ohms) in only 2U.
- Lab.gruppen sound quality – The FP 14000 is optimized for sustained performance into extreme low-frequency loads, yet it also maintains Lab.gruppen’s reputation for exceptionally smooth and transparent mid- and high-frequency response.
- NomadLink® network ready – Monitoring and control of key functions accessible via the intuitive DeviceControl software and the robust, daisy-chained NomadLink® network, as well as by the leading third party control platforms.
- Patented Class TD® amplifier topology – Road-proven output stage delivers Class B audio quality with Class D efficiency.
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™) – Output power remains constant even with significant drops in the mains voltage.
- Efficient cooling system – Unique, lightweight Intercooler copper cooling system dissipates more heat to allow extended peak output
- Adjustable parameters – Selectable Gain, scalable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL™), and bridge-mode operation allow custom configuration for any system or application.
- XLR input and link connectors
- Heavy-duty binding posts
- Comprehensive protection and warning – Excessive output current, DC, high temperature, very high frequency (VHF), short circuit, open load, mains fuse protection, and soft start.