Versatile and durable workhorse engineered to satisfy all but the most power-hungry needs.
The versatile FP 7000 supplies power output (2 × 3500 W at 2 ohms) well matched to a wide variety of applications. At the core of the FP 7000’s performance is a breakthrough advance in Lab.gruppen’s patented Class TD® output stage, an amplifier topology that approaches the exceptional efficiency of Class D while retaining the sonic purity of proven Class B designs. Further contributing to the remarkable efficiency of the FP 7000 is a Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS™), which gives the added benefit of stabilizing rail voltages to the output even with wide fluctuations of mains voltage. A highly refined and updated circuit layout optimizes the interaction of R.SMPS and Class TD to produce the excellent power density of the FP 7000.
The FP 7000 is shipped with a NomadLink® network interface as standard. In conjunction with DeviceControl software, NomadLink allows monitoring of all key amplifier parameters and remote control of power on/off, channel mutes, and channel solo functions.
NB. NomadLink requires the separate NLB 60E NomadLink Bridge & Network Controller
View all key performance parameters at a glance – in real time – on the comprehensive front panel display. The FP+ provides the most complete and useful front panel indication on the market today. Bright, color-coded LEDs give clear status indication of all control activation, warnings and faults – without scrolling through menus. Conditions such as blown drivers, shorted lines, and over-temperature channels are easily recognizable. You won’t waste time trying to decipher a generic “trouble light.”
Around the back
The FP+ rear panel provides all the input and output connections you’ll need plus RJ45 in and out for NomadLink® control and monitoring. With the DIP-switch matrix, you can assign a hard or soft attack to the limiter functions, set overall gain to one of seven different levels, bridge any pair of channels, and set the VPL for optimum output characteristics with the connected load. All in a matter of seconds while the amp is in the rack.
Under the hood
To achieve the extreme power-to-size ratio in the FP+ Series, Lab.gruppen engineers refined and upgraded two proprietary technologies: the regulated switch-mode power supply (R.SMPS™) and the patented Class TD™ output stage. Both are incorporated in all four FP+ Series amplifiers. Working together, this new generation of proprietary circuits produces more power from a smaller package while at the same time maintaining Lab.gruppen’s peerless reputation for sonic excellence.
To ensure efficient, uniform cooling, the ultra-efficient Intercooler® uses thousands of tiny cooper cooling fins to increase exposure of the heat sink to the cooling air flow. Twin variable-speed fans respond to temperature sensors, forcing air over the Intercooler fins in a front-to-rear flow. All output devices are mounted transverse to the airflow, so the cooling effect is uniform. There are no “end-of-tunnel” output transistors subject to greater warming and, consequently, possible premature failure.
Tech Spec Overview
- Benchmark power density – The FP 7000 delivers a total of 7000 W (2 x 3500 W @ 2 ohms) in only 2U.
- Lab.gruppen sound quality – impeccable sonic performance standards with durability and greater efficiency
- NomadLink® network ready – Monitoring and control of key functions accessible via the intuitive DeviceControl software
- Patented Class TD amplifier topology – Road-proven output stage delivers Class B audio quality with Class D efficiency
- Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) – Output power remains constant even with significant drops in the mains voltage
- Efficient cooling system - Unique, lightweight Intercoller copper cooling system dissipates more heat to allow extended peak output
- Adjustable parameters - Selectable Gain, scalable Voltage Peak Limiter (VPL), and bridge-mode operation allow custom configuration for any application
- Comprehensive protection and warning – Excessive output current, DC, high temperature, very high frequency (VHF), short circuit, open load, mains fuse protection, and soft start
- XLR input connectors
- Heavy-duty binding post or Speakon output connectors